Subject: arff, general purpose arc/zoo file finder
From: [email-masked] (Mark Armbrust)
Date: 28 Aug 88 03:00:15 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

I've seen several messages on the net saying "zoo is nice, I wish there
was a 'zoofind' program."   Well here it is, making its debut after a
couple of evenings hacking after work.

ARFF not only looks in .ZOO's and .ARC's, it can look in most any
archive you for which there is a program that will list it to stdout.

It does so by executing the listing program (arcv, looz, tar, whatever)
as a child and captures and examines its output.  Any matching files
found are listed in a more-or-less standard format.

Mark Armbrust
8/20/88

[
This is version 1.0 of arff.  Highly configurable, it reads an external
configuration file to find out how to manipulate each different kind of
archive.  It will search recursively through any specified directory
tree.

The program is quite fast and worked well for me, though there may be
a minor bug because I once hit control C and managed to send it into
an infinite loop.

Source suitable for Microsoft C 5.1 is included.

-- R.D.
]