Subject: Wildcard expansion for any command, w/DLC source
From: [email-masked] (Walter Bright)
Date: 27 Jul 88 17:04:16 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

[ The supplied executable appears to have been compiled with Datalight
C version 3.10.  -- R.D. ]

Have you ever gotten frustrated by MS-DOS programs that wouldn't work with
wildcards or multiple filenames? I sure have, and have written a program
to solve it. As an example, consider the FIND program that comes with DOS.
It doesn't work if you give it more than one filename, as in:
	FIND "string" *.c
or:
	FIND "string" file1 file2 file3
With WILDCARD, these commands can be done! It works by executing the specified
program n times, where n is the number of files. For example, the above
commands would be done as:
	WILDCARD FIND -"string" *.c
and:
	WILDCARD FIND -"string" file1 file2 file3
The - means that the rest of the argument is passed to each invocation
of FIND. For the second example, WILDCARD will do the equivalent of:
	FIND "string" file1
	FIND "string" file2
	FIND "string" file3

Both source (for Datalight C) and a executable are included.  Enjoy!
It's hereby donated to the public domain.